question

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw asked

Can I change MPPT Smart 150/45 settings remotely via Remote VE Configure?

From the highlighted text below I understand I can manage my MPPT settings remotely (access to full power)? Is my understanding correct or is the text a bit ambiguous?

Remote Monitoring and Control

Remotely control and monitor the extensive features of your SmartSolar MPPT charger with built-in bluetooth by pairing it with your smartphone or other device via VictronConnect. If your installation is connected to the internet Victron Remote Management Portal (VRM) provides access to the full power of your MPPT, anytime, anywhere; both services are free to use.

MPPT ControllersVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Short answer is no. There does seem some ambiguity in that text, perhaps more economy of words than anything deliberate.

Remote VEConfigure can configure VE.Bus kit like inverter/chargers, but not mppts. Then, VRM can firmware upgrade mppts, but not VE.Bus kit. Confused?

I'm sure Victron are trying to bring this all together in better form, but I suspect the bluetooth development is draining resources somewhat.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Thank you. Suspected so from reading posts and just think it is a bit misleading/confusing rather than deliberate.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Indeed, much work is going into homogenizing and simplifying the configuration of all the various products.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic