question

big-ste avatar image
big-ste asked

Do I remove the ve BMS assistant

Hello, I’m adding a smart BMS CL 12/100 to my system and as such will remove the VE Bus BMS. So do I remove the assistant on the multiplus 12/1600/70 ?

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

The VE.Bus BMS assistant is not needed for the Smart BMS.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@Big Ste Take a look at the schematic on the Victron Web Site for the CL 12/100

See the note regarding inverting remote on/off cables and the charge and load control inputs from the CL 12/100. In order to use these the VE.Bus BMS assistant will need switching for the "2-signak BMS support". This will allow you to select which of the aux ports has a charge control signal in a nd which has a load control signal. When either of these goes low, the Multiplus will either stop charging or switch load off.

1 comment
2 |3000

big-ste avatar image big-ste commented ·
I understand that but I’m going to use the smart cable for smart bms cl 12/100 to multiplus for my multi 12/1600/70 compact.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic