question

riblaisqc avatar image
riblaisqc asked

Can I connect a VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle on a SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/100

I know that the MPPT RS 450/100 have built in bluetooth communication but my setup is in a shipping container and i would like to use the victronconnect outside the container. Is it possible to connect a bluetooth smart dongle to the ve.direct port and run the cable outside so the communication with the app work inside and outside.

VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Riblaisqc , no that won’t work; sorry.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

riblaisqc avatar image riblaisqc commented ·

Can you confirm that once the dongle is connected the internal Bluetooth will be deactivated?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ riblaisqc commented ·
Hi, no I cannot.

It won't work, you cannot use that external dongle with the RS.

0 Likes 0 ·
riblaisqc avatar image riblaisqc mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

I already have the dongle, what will happen if I connect it on the RS. Maybe the RS will simply ignore it?

0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

I have my gear in a shipping container as well. If you have internet and a GX device, this works.

I have a hard line running from the DSL modem/router into the container to a wireless access point. Access point connects to CCGX.

I access my MPPT via VictronConnect and VRM.

2 |3000

riblaisqc avatar image
riblaisqc answered ·

Test results on connecting a VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle on a SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/100

It works to see live data but can't get to configuration view.

screenshot-20230316-140613.jpg screenshot-20230316-141715.jpg

Data on the display are not exactly the same because the sampling is not at the same time. We see the internal and external Bluetooth but can't know for sure which one is the dongle.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic