question

Eric M. avatar image
Eric M. asked

Multiplus Compact turned off and won’t turn on

My Multiplus compact 12v randomly shut off during the night, and will not turn on. It had just charged all day, then was disconnected from grid and providing 20w to small loads.

Flipping the rocker gives a little blip on the yellow charge led but otherwise no effect. My Venus system no longer shows the gui tiles (GuiMods) but it isn’t shown as “inactive” in settings, just state unknown. The ve.bus bt dongle on the other comm port shows battery temp and voltage, but gets stuck on “initializing.”

There are no errors in the system, currently or in logs. No power spikes in the history, it just turned off. I haven’t messed with any of the wires recently, and no external fuses were triggered, there’s still voltage at the battery connections to the device.

Has anyone experienced this or know any further steps to troubleshoot?

I may try to kill power and reset the system, and also put it back on grid to see if either of those will trigger it back on. Otherwise, pretty stumped…

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Eric M. avatar image
Eric M. answered ·

Ok... For anyone who might run into this in the future, plugging back into shore power kicked the device back into a proper state, everything is working now. Cutting battery power to reset, unplugging physical bt dongle and Cerbo connection had no effect on the issue.

Still no understanding of why it bricked itself at 3am with the same loads it always has, not on charger, and nothing tripped or spiked but, yeah. Works again :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic