question

mrdean avatar image
mrdean asked

MultiPlus 12/1600/70 - Inverting Whilst on Shore Power

I have a MultiPlus 12/1600/70.

On the seperate control panel toggling left charges the battery and provides 240v to the 3-pin sockets when connected to shore power. Toggling right Inverts when not on shore power. The middle position is off.

Whenever I am on shore power and do not want to charge the battery I leave the Multiplus off (middle position). The problem I have is that when I want to invert (toggling right) whilst on shore power the unit provides 240v as expected but it also charges the battery (the 'Inverter on' lights up for a few seconds on the right side and then turn off, the left lights on the control panel light up showing 'Mains on' and the current state of charge and the battery begins to charge).

If I can harvest some good solar power during the day I do not want to use the shore power to top up my battery when I need 240v.

I could disconnect shore power to resolve this but is there a setting in Venus or on the Multiplus that would prevent this happening?

Multiplus-IIMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargershorepower
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Since you mentioned Venus I assume you have a gx devices. If you have a gx display you can click on the inverter from within the device menu, click on the "switch position" then tick the box for "inverter only"

Alternatively if you want something a little more automated you can use the generator relay function and ignore ac input based on SOC or time of day. Another option would be os large and node red.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrdean avatar image mrdean commented ·

'Since you mentioned Venus I assume you have a gx devices. If you have a gx display you can click on the inverter from within the device menu, click on the "switch position" then tick the box for "inverter only"'

Is this the same as switching using the physical remote?

0 Likes 0 ·