question

phat-boy101 avatar image
phat-boy101 asked

BlueSolar PWM High self draw (0.5a load with nothing connected)

I'm running a BlueSolar pwm LCD-USB 10a controller in my bicycle trailer with a 30w panel and 8ah LiFePO4 battery, all new.

Battery was draining quickly in storage (only whilst connected to controller, alone it holds charge), thinking it must be a short in my circuitry and not a problem with a new Victron I disconnected all my circuits one by one until finally disconnecting load wires completely from the controller, but it still shows 0.5-0.6a load. Battery is connected directly to controller and to nothing else. All circuits are switched and connect to load terminals but even with both load terminals disconnected the controller still shows 0.5a constant draw, which stops if I deactivate the load output from controller.

Do I have a faulty unit? I read self consumption is 10mA in the manual. I feel like a half amp draw whilst load terminals are active but disconnected isn't right, and it renders my system unfit for purpose as my battery won't last long days with the extra draw of leaving load terminals active.

Any explanation or similar experiences? Thanks

20221130-153759.jpg

BlueSolar PWM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
phat-boy101 avatar image
phat-boy101 answered ·

So, noone has experienced my problem? Or knows how to resolve it?? Thanks

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic