question

matthew-2 avatar image
matthew-2 asked

Charge Station Modbus for all commands

Hi, I have comms setup with my charge station and all is working correctly. I am automatically changing charge mode when excess solar, excess battery and cheap charge rate at night.

I am trying to setup some more functions and cannot find them in the Modbus address crib sheet. I have found this but the address don't match my previous crib sheet and the cerbo doesn't recognise these addresses

screenshot-2022-11-29-171611.png

Below addresses work but I am lacking items such as 'control via display'

screenshot-2022-11-29-171740.pngAm I missing something here?

Cheers

Matt

Modbus TCPev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
johnone avatar image
johnone answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matthew-2 avatar image
matthew-2 answered ·

yes, thats the one I already have, but there appear to be some missing commands (unless I just cant see them)

2 comments
2 |3000

johnone avatar image johnone commented ·

Maybe worth commenting to 'Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)' on that thread. He seems quite on top of this stuff.

1 Like 1 ·
matthew-2 avatar image matthew-2 johnone commented ·
@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) are you able to support? Cheers
0 Likes 0 ·
matthew-2 avatar image
matthew-2 answered ·

@Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) are you able to help? Cheers

2 |3000

matthew-2 avatar image
matthew-2 answered ·

Has anyone got any ideas as to why the modbus address are wildly different between the two docs?

2 |3000

matthew-2 avatar image
matthew-2 answered ·
2 |3000

matthew-2 avatar image
matthew-2 answered ·

OK, so I have now got this working. It seems that for the chargestation you have to setup a separate Modbus entirely to the Cerbo one. You then have to set the unit ID to 1 (ignoring what the unit ID is reported in the Cerbo). Cheers

1 comment
2 |3000

heidra-steve avatar image heidra-steve commented ·
Hi Matthew, I've just purchased a Victron NS charger and looking for the modbus register definition. Is the one you posted on Nov 29th correct? (I am communicating via Modbus from a Siemens PLC), thanks, Steve
0 Likes 0 ·