question

meda avatar image
meda asked

Variable charging current adapted to load on inverter

MPPT RS 450|100
MultiPlus II 48|5000
Cerbo GX

Hello, and best regards.

Can I limit the charging current for the battery only? And when there is a load on the inverter, increase the charging current by the load? The same for feeding into the grid?

Example:
In order to protect the battery, I only want to charge the battery with 20A, but if there is an additional 30A inverter load, I would like to call up 50A from the charge controller.
(20A into the battery .... 30A into the inverter)
The charging current should adapt automatically
(20A + 30A are examples and can be changed as desired)

same text in German
----------------------------------------------------------
Variabler Ladestrom angepasst an Last am Wechselrichter
Hallo, und liebe Grüße.
Kann ich den Ladestrom nur für den Akku begrenzen? Und bei Last am Wechselrichter um die Last den Ladestrom erhöhen? Gleiches beim Einspeisen?
Beispiel:
Um den Akku zu schützen möchte ich nur mit 20A den Akku aufladen, kommt nun zusätzlich 30A Wechselrichter Last dazu würde ich gerne vom Laderegler 50A abrufen
(20A in den Akku …. 30A in den Wechselrichter)
Der Ladestrom müsste sich automatisch anpassen
(20A + 30A sind Beispielzahlen kann beliebig geändert werden)

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

This is exactly what DVCC does. Check out the DVCC chapter in the Cerbo GX manual: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/CCGX/en/dvcc---distributed-voltage-and-current-control.html

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
@Stefanie That looks like a new and improved DVCC section ;)
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

I just noticed. Thanks Victron ;-)

0 Likes 0 ·