question

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas asked

Switching back and forth between parallel and single configuration - multiplus 2's

Just wondering here....I have parallel mp2 2x120 in a 50a RV setup. The minimum input current limit in this configuration is 18.6. Say I find myself in a situation where I need to plug into a 15a outlet. I know I can hook up the mk3 and easily change config, but my question is...would it be possible to just unplug the ve.bus from the second inverter, switch it off, and reconfigure the master mp2 to run in stand alone? Or would I have to break the ac in and ac out from the second inverter even though it would be off and ve.bus not connected to it?

I can't say for sure I would ever need to do this but it would be nice to have the answer before it's needed.

Multiplus-IImultiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you can leave the AC in and out connected. but if you go back to signel unit, MAKE SURE you never turn the secound unit on to inverter.

of interest you can leave the secound unit turn on as charger so you can still get the charging benefit.

also you canb leave the VE bus cable connected as well

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

logic28 avatar image logic28 commented ·

>>. . . also you can leave the VE bus cable connected as well <<

Not sure about that, I was setting up my two Multiplus 5000 just yesterday and the moment I connected the VE bus cable to the second one Unit nº 1 sun down and they both showed an alarm including a message "set your master first"

There was no load applied to nº 2 Multi, only DC

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ logic28 commented ·

As long as the 2nd unit is switched OFF that should work.

You only get error #3 if you have multiple units connected and switched ON.

The system will switch OFF as soon as you switch on the 2nd unit.

0 Likes 0 ·
logic28 avatar image logic28 Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Got it, thanks

However there seem to be no option to resume the single function in the victor quick config software so I'm questioning, is it going to happen automatically or do we have to reset to factory default, and even so how do we reset to manufacture default if the update is not available because we're on the latest version?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ logic28 commented ·
There is nothing automatic about it.

There is a revert to standalone in quick configure, which will do it for the unit you want to keep.

After that you have to reflash them to configure as parallel again.

0 Likes 0 ·
logic28 avatar image logic28 nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Excellent thank you, I must have missed that function so I shall look again

0 Likes 0 ·