question

mio23 avatar image
mio23 asked

EV charger switcher 1 phase to 3 phase

Hello,

I have a grid off 1 phase system. Is it possible to switch the polarity of the car charger from one grid off phase to the try phase of electricity from the supplier? How will the charger react? This is what I want to do if I have little sun to switch the victron ev charger from solar energy to paid energy. or almost make a turbo charger if I'm in a hurry.

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ssonder avatar image
ssonder answered ·

If you want to switch the charging for a EV from 1p to 3p, the charging activity should be interrupted by interrupting the CP signal. After the 1p to 3p switch has been executed, the charging can be continued and the converter in the car will pick up the 1p or 3p opportunity.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hominidae avatar image
hominidae answered ·

...be careful what you wish for. For some cars, like the original Renault Zoe with their Chamäleon charger/converter you need to physically unplug the car before switching phases or you will turn your car into a pile of smoke.

Edit: The way I am doing this is simply change charging cables between 1p/3p Version. But I don't own the victron Wallbox

2 |3000

iron-m avatar image
iron-m answered ·

I am very confused with my charger. I got a new EV charging station without display. It is set to 6a start. I am trying to charge form my PV collectors. But since it is running on 3P , it will only start when there is 3 times 6A (6Ax230v= 1380w)... so 3 times apron 1400w = 4.2 kw. This doesn't work like this, most of the day before and after midday, I am below this, how can it be set to 1P? thanks

2 |3000