question

sanch3z-77 avatar image
sanch3z-77 asked

Suppliers and installers. Berkshire

So I'm really interested in Victron as a solution, the products are well reviewed, versatile and the support forums are great. But... finding a decent installer near me, why is that so hard? There seem very few in the country, and the ones I do find seem to lean more towards supply only, or commercial.

I have a loft extension planned for spring, and due to long lead times, I want to find an installer I can start working with now.

I'm looking for:

• REC Alpha pure series (x13)
  • Tigo optimisers
  • Victron inverter (model TBC)
  • Pilton Tech 10k/w batteries
  • Solar iBoost
  • Associated ancillaries

Advice or suggestions welcomed.

TIA

installation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@sanch3z_77 To get the ball rolling, it might be worth considering a system designer first, then give that design to a contractor to price. That way you can work out want you need and want in advance, and to also have confidence in the system you are giving will meet your demands. So many systems fitted and spec'ed by the installer dont always meet the expectations.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sanch3z-77 avatar image sanch3z-77 commented ·

Thanks Jason, I was hoping they were one in the same. I would prefer to keep it with one company if possible, otherwise I fear the blame game could happen further down the line. If one company designs, supplies and installs, I only have one company to speak to if I get an issue in the future.

1 Like 1 ·
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

You need to decide first what objectives/priorities you have for the system, where the parts could be located in relation to your current meter/CU position and how it would interact with the existing systems in the house. Also what appliances you already have esp. if you cook by electricity.

This is what they will ask, whether it is to be designed by the installer or by a separate system designer.

As a footnote IIRC Victron don't recommend the use of solar optimisers with their MPPTs.

2 |3000

Dave avatar image
Dave answered ·

I'm in Berks too.

And looking for a Part P qualified electrician who has prior experience installing Victron kit. I have already made contact with several electricians but they don't currently have any experience in this field and I'm hoping it will be smoother to have someone who's been down that route already.

I have a multiplus ii 48/5000 & Cerbo gx that I'd like to get installed (obviously subject to G99 approval , which is a barrier at the moment, given the current lack of approval for devices).

If anyone can recommend anyone (or company) I'd be grateful.

1 comment
2 |3000

daniel-feist avatar image daniel-feist commented ·
Find someone in the end? Mind sharing?
0 Likes 0 ·
Tom Lodge avatar image
Tom Lodge answered ·

Hi Guy's

I would be happy help, we are based in Sandhurst Berkshire, Profession Victron energy design and installation engineers,

We are Registered electricians with NAPIT and have MCS

1 comment
2 |3000

Tom Lodge avatar image Tom Lodge commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic