question

Kjell Are Sangvik avatar image
Kjell Are Sangvik asked

AC input connection delay when using a generator

Hi.

Is there any good way to delay the connetion of a generator to a Multiplus, so that it can warm up for 5 minutes before the AC input connects and start loading the generator?

Generatorgenerator auto start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Kjellare Yes, you could use an assistant for that. You can use the AC input Current Control assistant and a temperature sensor connected to the generator.

1669196893503.png

1669196893503.png (171.8 KiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cgesmike avatar image cgesmike commented ·
In a situation where it isn't realistic to use a temp sensor on the genset - and ags is not use - is there a simple way to change the delay time? Currently, my MP-II automatically delays 15 seconds from the time it senses voltage at the input to the time it begins to use that generator power. It would be great to just be able to adjust that 15 seconds up to a longer period.
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ cgesmike commented ·

@CGES.Mike

You could try Assistants without the temp sensor. I've only tested this the once, but confident it'll work when I need it..

1705645625235.png

This is a 60 sec delay before power acceptance. The 300 sec just arbitrary to bring it back to Ignored after it's beyond my local rejection issues.

1 Like 1 ·
1705645625235.png (57.0 KiB)
cgesmike avatar image cgesmike JohnC ♦ commented ·
Awesome, thank you! I'll try that out and test it today.
0 Likes 0 ·
cgesmike avatar image cgesmike cgesmike commented ·
@JohnC Just to follow up... it works perfectly!

Thanks you so much for the suggestion. For those of us who are not using ags, this is our solution to letting the gensets warm up a bit

0 Likes 0 ·
atebee avatar image atebee cgesmike commented ·

If you have a CerboGX in your system you can manage generator start/stop via its relay with the functionality you require.

screenshot-2024-01-19-05-59-06-69-40deb401b9ffe8e1.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·