question

friaras avatar image
friaras asked

Is the Victron 150/35 capable of booting the voltage up from 38.60 volts to 41.5 volts as set in the profile?

Will the 150/35 Victron CC charge 42 volts LiOn batteries to 41.5 volts, with 4 X 100 Watts solar panels, the Voc is 21.6 per panel 6.72 A which on a sunny day puts out around 38.60 volts? the panels are hooked up in series parallel at the moment. Will it boost the voltage to 41.5 volts? or will I have to add more panels?

MPPT Controllersvictron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi Friaras,

Please read the manual for the MPPT. It will not boost the voltage, the solar voltage must be 5V higher than battery voltage to operate.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-BlueSolar-charge-controller-MPPT-150-35-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE-ul.pdf

“The BlueSolar MPPT 150/35 charge controller is able to charge a lower nominal-voltage battery from a higher nominal voltage PV array.

● The controller will operate only if the PV voltage exceeds battery voltage (Vbat).

● PV voltage must exceed Vbat + 5V for the controller to start. Thereafter minimum PV voltage is Vbat + 1V.”

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

friaras avatar image friaras commented ·

Thanks for the info.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

The simple way to fix this is to wire all 4x of those panels into a single series string.

1 comment
2 |3000

friaras avatar image friaras commented ·

Thanks for the info. That is the way I had them hooked up recently and it worked fine. I was wondering if it could match the voltage set in the profile, there was another comment made that clarified that for me. Thanks for the assist.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual