question

cyril-normandie avatar image
cyril-normandie asked

EV charging station - possible to change from automatic to manual mode with a clock?

Hi,

I will soon finalize the addition of a Multiplus-II, a Cerbo gx, a victron Ev-Charging station and a static Battery to my existing Solar set-up (24 panels, Solaredge inverter). Victron systems already here, Battery will be delivered next week.

I read the manuals and saw that the EV charger can be set up to Auto (use of extra solar power to charge the car) or manual (don't care about solar power, just charge at a defined power).

My need is :

During the day: I use the automatic mode to maximise my solar power use.

In the evening: switch to manual mode. If the car did not reach the required SOC (defined in the car) during the day with solar power, then i use the grid during the night to complete the charge and ensure that I get the morning after the required SOC.

I did not see in the parameter a way to say "Automatic mode from 8am to 7pm / Manual mode from 7pm to 8am".

Do you have a solution? Is this feature planned with an update?

Many thanks for your help and best regards,

38377-upgrade-victron-et-batteryconcept-installati.jpg

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi, thanks for your input! Scheduled Charging is coming in the next update, but is not exactly what you need.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cyril-normandie avatar image cyril-normandie commented ·
Hi, Many thanks for your answer. Sound that my request will be a quite standard need for anybody with an EV : try to charge to the max with solar but be sure the morning after to have the required SOC. I do hope a future update will cover this need. Best regards
0 Likes 0 ·
james-simpson avatar image james-simpson cyril-normandie commented ·
Hi, yes this is exactly what I need too. Please tell me it's coming soon on a future update? It's the logical next step! Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ james-simpson commented ·
Yes, work in progress
1 Like 1 ·
Stefan Boldt avatar image
Stefan Boldt answered ·

Hi. I do it with NodeRed. With NodeRed you can program all of this stuff. The easiest way is to use the large image for the Cerbo, enable NodeRed and start creating your custom configuration.

2 |3000