question

dbx120 avatar image
dbx120 asked

Do I need to load the PV Inverter Support assistant when AC coupling with Fronius Inverters

Hi There,

If I have a Cerbo on the LAN as the Fronius units, do I need to load the PV Inverter Support assistant when AC coupling with Fronius Inverters?

I would expect that I still need the frequency shifting as backup?

AC PV CouplingFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@DBX120

Pv inverter support is for offgrid setup.

If you are on grid or mostly connected, use ESS assistant.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dbx120 avatar image dbx120 commented ·
Apologies, I am referring to an Off-Grid setup. So I guess I need the assistant?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ dbx120 commented ·

Yes, then use the PV assistant.

Basically one feature of the PV assistant is when grid/generator is connected the pv inverter does not run to prevent feedback to source.

Although to be honest the ESS would work as well, you would just need to make sure it can't feedback to the generator. (One trick is to run the generator up at a frequency that throttles the fronius.) Which is then almost the same thing as pv assistant.

1 Like 1 ·
stubbs avatar image stubbs Alexandra ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ stubbs commented ·
@Stubbs

Check 1.4 it states there must be a frequency shifting assistant programmed onto the inverter.

When you select the microgrid it matches the default programming for the Victron. (Stated in section 1.2)

0 Likes 0 ·
dbx120 avatar image dbx120 Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
stubbs avatar image
stubbs answered ·

@Alexandra I didn't wish to crash this Thread. Help this person as you did me. Thanks

2 |3000