question

ppe-sammy avatar image
ppe-sammy asked

Is the "MK3-USB" dongle/interface electrically isolated from the inverter?

Is the "MK3-USB" interface electrically isolated from the inverter

MK3
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Can't say definitively, but it plugs into the usb port of the computer, if it wasn't it would have destroyed many laptops by now.
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Yes, it is isolated.
My one uses an Analog Devices ADUM1201 for isolation and you can see good PCB isolation too.
pxl-20221119-203727451mp.jpg

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ppe-sammy avatar image ppe-sammy commented ·
Is this picture of inside the MK3-USB or your own dongle?

I can see some text "...N ENERGY" on the PCB so I assume it is the Victron product.

Please confirm...
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

The Victron Communications White Paper mentions the Mk2 and Mk3 are galvonically isolated.

Equivalent to electrically isolated?

2 |3000

wgrau avatar image
wgrau answered ·

To my knowledge no.
I use a USB Isolator Modul ADUM3160

2 |3000

Richard Weir avatar image
Richard Weir answered ·

Better off using VE Config with the dummmy port and uploading the config file from Dashboard > devices screen.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Why?
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic