question

alan-connell avatar image
alan-connell asked

Wind Turbine

I have 15000/200 Quatro with 20 360w Victron solar panels and 3 banks of 48v battery's . I would like to include a wind turbine into the system to assist in battery charging. Can this be done and how ,

Hydro and Wind Power
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@alan connell Wind turbines require a significant amount of understanding & control to connect to a battery ESS of which is generally not included with domestic sized wind turbines. With out this level of control and expertise you risk damaging all of the other components on the same system, especially in the event of a grid failure.

I also looked at a wind turbine for my system for providing power when there is no or insufficient solar generation and its just not practically viable. Either the kwh generation is too small or the cost of a proper system is too expensive. Then incorporating the controls required to be able to stop the generation in the event of a grid failure to prevent overcharging. Then there is the noise issue especially in a urban area.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic