question

chris H avatar image
chris H asked

Battery Alarms

I had installed three months ago solar panels together with VICTRON multiplus 48/5000/70 inverter, MPPT 250 70 TR, Lynx Distibutor, and 2 Leoch LFeli 48100 batteries.
I receive usual during the night but also during the day 2 or 3 battery alarms advising me of low battery levels which would appear to rectify itself quite quickly. The SOC is set at 30%

The installer advises me that this is quite normal! But I remain sceptical as if alarm is triggered it must be for some reason and must be a possibility of rectifying. Any help or guidance I can be given would be gratefully received.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Where is the low battery alarm coming from, battery or multiplus?

The low battery alarm in the Multiplus is adjustable. But needs equipment you don't have.

I can't speak for the batteries.

It shouldn't happen under normal use in a correctly sized and configured system. Especially if the multiplus has AC input 24/7.

Either the multiplus is not configured correctly, or the batteries are not being charged correctly.

If these are LiFePo4 cells, it could also be that they need time to balance themselves correctly following installation.

Sorry, but the installer needs to give you a proper explanation and possibly configure the system correctly.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.