question

schollex avatar image
schollex asked

ESS during gridmeter being unavailable

Hi,

I setup ESS1668418369583.png

with a self-written python script to get the grid-powermeter via SML/IR-sensor from my gridmeter of the local power-supplier. I will provide this script as soon as the appropriate quality level is achieved.

I have question regarding the best DBUS-behaviour in case on gridmeter-communication failure during normal operation.

I saw that it's dangerous to keep the last known power-value, because ESS will escalate:

• in case of a last positive power-value, ESS will increasingly discharge the battery
  • in case of a last negative power-value, ESS will increasingly charge the battery via grid-power

So I decided to erase the gridmeter vom DBUS via stoping the script.

But this causes, after about 1 min, the DC-PV-charger (Smartsolar) from producing power. Mulitpus changes to Passthru.1668418819617.pngWhy this? My understanding is.....
As long as the battery is not fully loaded, DC-PV-charger should load the battery regardless of the unknown AC-power-status. As soon as the battery is charged, the PV-charger-power could be transformed into AC-power, supplying the unknown AD-power-status.

Ater reestablishing the gridmeter-communication, ESS turns to probably behaviour within 30 seconds.

What could be the best behaviour of my gridmeter-script during communication-error?

Could anybody test the system-behaviour in case of an official victron powermeter? Please unplug it from the system and watch dbus-spy on the console.

Bye

Alex

ESSpower meter
1668418369583.png (37.5 KiB)
1668418819617.png (32.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic