question

rmakiwa avatar image
rmakiwa asked

Expert Battery Charging Settings for Pylontech 3.5kWh – US3000C

Basic Parameters.pdf

Hi Everyone.

I hope you are all well, I am a DIY, please kindly assist.

I bought a Victron Engery MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 230V and one (1) Pylontech 3.5kWh – US3000C lithium iron battery. I have managed to connect these two OK. I do not have solar panels, so the battery should charge from the grid. I tested it last night using DC power from the battery and it worked perfectly fine, but when the power from the grid was restored, the invertor started making noise (I guess its fan noise) I assumed it was charging my battery and ignored it, please tell me if this is normal as well. An hour later after power from the grid was restored the Invertor started cutting off power, it would switch off for like a minute and then turn itself back on and this repeated for about 3 times within a space of 30 minutes. I then decided to disconnect completely cables to the battery and the problem stopped.

After reading the Victron Engery MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 230V Manual again I picked up that I need to definitely change the Standard MultiPlus default factory setting for battery type because currently they are set to Victron Gel Deep Discharge and yet I am using a Pylontech 3.5kWh – US3000C lithium iron battery. Please advice if this could be the reason why the invertor was switching on and off when power from the grid was restored.

I have bought the Victron Interface MK3-USB VE.Bus To USB cable which must then assist me to connect to may laptop and access the VictronConnect and configure the Victron Engery MultiPlus-II. Can you guys please tell me the Charger settings I need to configure, what will be the charger current, float voltage, absorption voltage, repeated absorption time, maximum absorption time and the expert setting for Lithium batteries I need to configure on my MultiPlus. Please remember I have only one battery and do not have solar panels.

I have attached screen shot of Pylontech 3.5kWh – US3000C Basic Parameters.

Thank you everyone for your assistance,

Multiplus-IILithium BatteryPylontech
basic-parameters.pdf (335.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
anthony avatar image
anthony answered ·

Hello, The answer to your question is in the guide below:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rmakiwa avatar image rmakiwa commented ·
Thank you Anthony.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Cutting out - the battery management system inside the battery probably caused this, in part due to the multiplus not being set up correctly.

2 |3000