question

netsrac27 avatar image
netsrac27 asked

Bluetooth Support in VenusOS 3.00b4?

Hi,

after having up on VenusOS for a while, I just installed version 3.00b4 on a Raspberry Pi 3. Does it finally support Victron Devices via Bluetooth?

If I login via SSH, I See that bluetoothctl is installed. I can also scan and see my Victron devices.

Is there a way to add Victron Devices to VenusOS? Maybe I'm just missing the right place where to add them.

Thanks...Carsten

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@netsrac27 unfortunately there is no support for communicating with Victron devices over Bluetooth, only via cables connections. I suspect one day they will, but Victron will not comment on roadmap items or advise till it is here and ready for testing.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

netsrac27 avatar image
netsrac27 answered ·

Oh, thats a pity....I was hoping that they support this in the meantime. Similar to what they do with the GlobelLink...

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

As far as I know it is planned for the future but not implemented now.

New features or fixes are listed here:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/164781/venus-os-v3004-available-for-testing.html

0 Likes 0 ·