question

johanng avatar image
johanng asked

Two RaspberryPi on Venus OS in 2 installation on VRM Portal ?

For english scroll to the end

Ich möchte zwei RPi mit Venus OS , im VRM Portal über meinen Account, als 2 Installationen betreiben.
Problemlos konnte ich einen RPi2 ĂĽber LAN mit v2.89 (war da die letzte Vers.) installieren. Victron Connect zeigte den RPi2 nach booten sofort an und ich konnte ihn in meinem VRM Zugang anmelden.
1 zu 1 wie auf der GitHub Seite beschrieben. Mein Router ist ein Telekom Speedport Hybrid.
Nun wollte ich den 2. RPi3B installieren mit v2.92. Victron Connect zeigt den RPi nicht an, die im Router vergebene IP Adresse erhält keinen Zugang über den Webbrowser. Es erscheint die Fehlermeldung :
Remote console Failed to connect
Make sure to enable Remote Console for LAN, and reboot the device
Es scheint als sei die Remote Konsole in Benutzung bzw. blockiert.
Habe dann eine neue SD im lauffähigen RPi2 mit v2.92 als Upgrade versucht zu installieren,
das selbe Problem. Die alte SD lässt sich einwandfrei betreiben.
Weiter habe ich einen Vodafone Kabelrouter bei meiner Tochter getestet, auch ohne Erfolg.
Nichteinmal die neu aufgesetzte SD mit v2.89 funktioniert. Victron connect findet keine Geräte im Lokal, die im Router vergebenen IP Adressen zeigen die o.g. Fehlermeldung.
Danke fĂĽr Eure Hilfe,
GruĂź Johann
I would like to operate two RPis with Venus OS in the VRM portal via my account as 2 installations.

I was able to install an RPi2 via LAN with v2.89 (that was the last version) without any problems. Victron Connect showed the RPi2 immediately after booting and I was able to register it in my VRM account.

1 to 1 as described on the GitHub page. My router is a Telekom Speedport Hybrid.

Now I wanted to install the 2nd RPi3B with v2.92. Victron Connect does not display the RPi, the IP address assigned in the router does not receive access via the web browser. The error message appears:

Remote console Failed to connect

Make sure to enable Remote Console for LAN, and reboot the device

The remote console appears to be in use or blocked.

Then tried to install a new SD in the running RPi2 with v2.92 as an upgrade,

the same problem. The old SD can be operated perfectly.

I also tested a Vodafone cable router with my daughter, also without success.

Not even the newly installed SD with v2.89 works. Victron connect does not find any devices in the local area, the IP addresses assigned in the router show the above error message.

Thank you for your help,

Greetings Johann

Raspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Keine Ahnung bzgl deines Problems, dazu solltest du vielleicht mal im Modification Bereich schauen (am besten auf Englisch).

https://community.victronenergy.com/index.html

Aber mehrere Systeme in einem Netzwerk sind kein Problem, bei uns in der Firma haben wir auch mehrere GX Geräte im LAN.

Auch mehrere Systeme auf einem VRM Account sind kein Problem, wäre sonst für uns Händler/Installateure auch doof für jede Anlage einen Account anlegen zu müssen, wir haben über 200 Anlagen in der Überwachung.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johanng avatar image
johanng answered ·

Danke das ist schon mal gut, dass es funktionieren wĂĽrde. Muss nur noch das Wie herausfinden.

GruĂź Johann

2 |3000

johanng avatar image
johanng answered ·

Hello,

i install a HDMI monitor and USB keyboard on the RPi3B and then

i find in the Community here this :

mount -o remount,rw /

rm vf /etc/venus/headless

reboot

I enter it,

now it appears the remote console, but also this:

Hardware problem detected #42, storage is corrupted on this device

screenshot-20221116-175100.png

Who can help me?

Thank you ,

greetings Johann

3 comments
2 |3000

pau1phi11ips avatar image pau1phi11ips commented ·
Have you tried it with a different SD card?
0 Likes 0 ·
johanng avatar image johanng pau1phi11ips commented ·
Yes I try this with 6 difference sd card and 2 RPi 3B und RPi3B+. IT was also the same code.

Thank you for help

0 Likes 0 ·
johanng avatar image johanng johanng commented ·
Hello It's OK now the SD was the problem.It works only up to16 GB
Greetings Johann
0 Likes 0 ·