question

ip43user avatar image
ip43user asked

Repeat Absorption Fail

I have searched all the literature and also the Victron Community, but I can't seem to find anything that explains why I am not seeing the charger perform the 7 day repeat absorption after being in storage for more than the 7 day setting.

The current cycle has been in storage for over 10 days. I would have expected that either a new charging cycle would have started at day 7 or there would be an indication somewhere in History indicated that it performed a repeat absorption cycle.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Thanks

Paul

1665416709729007-134961375.png

1665416709875059-661881388.png

Phoenix Smart Charger ip43
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ip43user avatar image
ip43user answered ·

I have been able to answer my own question.

During the last cycle, I watched the status page as the hour approached for storage day 7. The unit did indeed go into re-absorption mode. However, there is no record of the software recording this event on the History Page.

So, if you want to verify that this is indeed working on the IP43, you have to either watch for it at the hour the unit reaches day 7, or if you have a way to record the voltages for that day, you can look to see if an absorption voltage was reached.

As I have Victron MPPT Controllers for the solar panels, I can look at the high and low voltages for day 7 to verify that the IP43 did indeed cycle into re-adsorption.

I hope later software versions of the app include a recording of this event to make verification easier.

Hopefully this posting helps others who are trying to figure out if this function is working on their unit.

inkedimg-4408.jpg

inkedimg-4408.jpg (164.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic