question

ako avatar image
ako asked

IP43 Cables

Thinking of buying a v-Victron IP43 battery charger but the cost is high so want to make sure it willdo the job and reduce costs where i can .The mains cable is an extra cos but looks like a standard 3 pin plug , can i buy one at local electrical wholesaler and add my own cable to it or is it a special one unique to Victron to make sure you pay for theirs .

What do cables do i need to connect it to my Laptop to monitor it when its operating . One article says just a One the Go to Usb cable or adaptor and available anywhere .Another article says i need a specials VE cable , both articles are from Victron sources so im confused .

Any assistance to guide me in the right direction would be very much appreciated

Phoenix Smart Charger ip43
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

It's a bluetooth connection for monitoring and setup. So no cables. The necessary software, victron connect is a free download as an app.

As far as I can tell the AC power cable is supplied with it.

VE type cables are not needed for what you're doing.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ako avatar image
ako answered ·

I am in Spain and did read that the mains cable was not included and was an additional cost . I keep my equipment in a garage with a Windows 10 laptop hard wired to a Morningstar charge controller and would like to do the same with the Victron IP436 Battery Charger . I dont think Bluetooth would work for me . I found 2 cables but dont know which one i would need to make the connection between the IP425and the USB on the Laptop .

Victron EnergĂ­a de Interfaz USB (MK3-VE.Bus a USB)

Victron Energy Blue Power - Interfaz USB

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic