question

gumalu avatar image
gumalu asked

BYD B-Box with Quatros inverter - green light blinking in pass through mode

I have aBYD B-Box 10.5 connected to 2 Quatros in a 120/240 spliphase configuration.In normal operation the green charge light is on the float but the inverter green light is blinking all the time even it is path trough. The battery are only 99% never go to 100%. Quatro software 459 BYD Box v4.17. i think in the normal path trough mode the inverter light should not be blinking or on.

Any idee what could be wrong?

victron productsBYD
quatro.jpg (99.8 KiB)
ccgx.jpg (72.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Download the Victron Tool kit app

The tool kit app says that this is in Power assist mode,

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gumalu avatar image
gumalu answered ·

Power assist is switched off.

2 |3000

gumalu avatar image
gumalu answered ·

Ok i did use the Victron tool kit and when i look at the light i see that it is feed in with PV power - Float. As this is a AC coupled micro grid with Fronius inverters i could be ok that this light is flashing. but still the question why is the battery not at 100%. The reading is 99% and 54.2V when i measure at the batter it self it is 53.9V so it is not fully charged. Maybe BYD service witch is following this question has a answer?

2.jpg (42.4 KiB)
1.jpg (59.1 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

The BYD battery has specific internal conditions that must be reached before it will display 100%.

This usually has to do with cell balancing and is most likely to reliably occur when the battery reaches 56.5V.

Is the system configured as per the most current instructions here?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:byd_b-box

If you find the system does not reach that target voltage set by the battery, and does not ever reach 100%, perhaps try to increase the figure in absorption voltage setting on your Multiplus to 56.5V

In your case above, it looks like loads exceed PV power, and you importing from the grid, so there is no power to charge the batteries with either way.

0 Likes 0 ·
gumalu avatar image gumalu Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

When the battery is charged in Bulk mode and in absorption the voltage goes to 56.4V 100% but as soon the quatro is in float mode the battery voltage drops to 54.2V 99% and stays there. The system is in zero feed back configuration at the moment so thats why there is not more pv power.

0 Likes 0 ·
gumalu avatar image gumalu Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Guy thanks for you answer i did check the VEconfiguration with the documentation you provided. and off course the values are not correct. Float value is set to 54V (done by the installer) so the quatro is just doing what he should do battery at 54.2V. Sorry i should have check this values before i did asked the question. Thanks for helping.

0 Likes 0 ·

We did change the configuration to the settings as in the documentation.

VEConfigure Charge Parameter Setting

Battery type Lithium

Charge curve Fixed

Absorption voltage 55.2 V

Float voltage 55 V

Absorption time 1 Hr

But now the quatros never go to Float they switch betwen Bulk and Absorption.

i did change the Absorbtion v to 56.5 still not going to float.

What could it be?

0 Likes 0 ·
gumalu avatar image
gumalu answered ·

I have a update on this issue. When the battery is charged in Bulk mode and in absorption the voltage goes to 56.4V 100% but as soon the quatro is in float mode the battery voltage drops to 54.2V 99% and stays there

1 comment
2 |3000

This sounds like the normal expected behaviour.

0 Likes 0 ·
gumalu avatar image
gumalu answered ·

We did change the configuration to the settings as in the documentation.

VEConfigure Charge Parameter Setting

Battery type Lithium

Charge curve Fixed

Absorption voltage 55.2 V

Float voltage 55 V

Absorption time 1 Hr

But now the quatros never go to Float they switch betwen Bulk and Absorption.

i did change the Absorbtion v to 56.5 still not going to float.

What could it be?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron BYD battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic