question

wyrfel avatar image
wyrfel asked

BP65 remote port power supply voltage

Hello,

i've got a BP65 and was going to use the power supplied by the remote port on a 2-stage switch to switch both the BP65 via remote (first stage) and then in addition a 12V relay (second stage). I was assuming the remote+ port would deliver 12V but after wiring everything up and the relay not switching I measured it and only got 5.xV readings from the port.

(The switch connects3 terminals A (input) and B (output 1) at the first stage, then A, B and C (output 2) at the second stage. The relay is connected to terminal C and chassis ground and does not have an integrated resistor or diode.)

It seems, I have blown the remote port at some point during wiring it up, though, as I'm now having the symptom where the BP65 circuit now remains closed even if I completely unplug the remote port connector. So I'm wondering if the lower voltage is standard or a symptom of a blown remote port controller?

Thank you,

Andre.

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I think you killed the BP. The remote port is not designed to deliver any power.

How to use the remote port is shown in the manual.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.