question

heleb avatar image
heleb asked

BlueSolar MPPT with handwritten marks on new units ???

Received two new BlueSolar MPPT 150/35 with handwritten permanent marks on back. Is this normal?

IMG_20221028_125457.jpg IMG_20221028_125511.jpg IMG_20221103_173812.jpg IMG_20221103_173821.jpg

MPPT ControllersBlueSolar PWM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

QC Inspector marking. Every Victron component I've ever seen has one, but on any non-sealed unit (ie, inverter, inverter/charger, IP22 charger, etc) the mark will be inside the component where it's not visible to the end-user. On MPPTs, since they're sealed, the marking will almost invariably be on the heatsink - with the exception of the small 75/10 and 75/15s, where it will usually be on the underside of the unit, marked on the plastic near one of the mounting holes.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

heleb avatar image heleb commented ·
Thanks Justin....and Merry Christmas !

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Heleb, no that is not normal; could you let me know what serial numbers they are?

I’ll then check with production.

I’m not immediately worried about their performance/functional quality.

Thank you for reporting!

Matthijs

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) as an FYI, I can confirm that every solar controller of any size (the 75/15s and /10s are usually marked on the plastic near one of the mounting holes), Orion-Tr Smart, and other similar-chassis components I've seen for the past five or so years has such markings - I believe it's a QC inspector marking.
Edit to add: Other components have the same markings as well, just not usually in an end-user visible location - ie, the Phoenix VE.Direct inverters have a handwritten mark on the inside of the plastic cover, the IP22 chargers are inside the case, even VE.Bus products have them as well, except that in their case the handwritten mark is on a small sticker on the main board.

0 Likes 0 ·
heleb avatar image
heleb answered ·

Thanks Matthijs

The first unit I sent back to dealer (Offgridtec), on suspicion that it wasn't new. Please check with them for number.

They immediately sent a replacement unit which had also those markings. SN: HQ21259DZDZ

Please keep me posted.

Best

Helmut

2 |3000

heleb avatar image
heleb answered ·

Hi Matthijs,

did you find the reason for the mysterious markings on supposedly new BlueSolar units?

Cheers

Helmut

1 comment
2 |3000

johnone avatar image johnone commented ·

Hi @heleb ,

I have similar to you, two 150/35 units with 'T' written on one side and 'S 6' (probably) on the other. Maybe worth noting the units were manufactured some time ago - HQ2125 means 2021, week 25. Mine are HQ2114 but they were at a cut down price on Amazon!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual