question

PeterM avatar image
PeterM asked

Cannot access Remote console ( Local ) from PC

HAve always been using the Remote console from my PC but today it is no longer working. It works via VRM and also via a mobile device on local ip address but not from windows PC. Venus OS is 2.91 . Also tried http://venus.local/ - same problem . Tried Chrome, FireFox and Edge - all the same - comes up with screen below. Checked ip address and that has not changed. I have rebooted the device , my PC and router - still no success.1667406514105.png

Venus OS
1667406514105.png (30.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

12 Answers
ingo21 avatar image
ingo21 answered ·

the remote console seems to ask for your password.

that looks like the connection is ok to the remote console.

do you have your remote console password protected ? if so

did you change this password ? or did you delete the password in your browser?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

PeterM avatar image
PeterM answered ·

no password control is switch off , I double checked that - never have had a password

2 |3000

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

My go to answer was going to be clear browser cache, but you've already mentioned you tried multiple browsers.

See if you right click the page in Chrome and click "Inspect" then go to the consol tab. Then re-type the IP and load the page again. What does the chrome consol say, It might give you clue as to what is causing the issue.

So odd that it works on another device. You dont have any VPN/Proxy software running on your windows machine that's maybe causing a connection issue?

2 |3000

w-burg avatar image
w-burg answered ·

I have the same Problem .

Is there a solution available ?

2 |3000

w-burg avatar image
w-burg answered ·

w-burg beantwortet · vor 2 minutes

My solution for this issue....

Venus OS installed on a Raspberry Pi 2B works well.

The Problem is Venus OS on a Raspberry PI 4 Hardware Version 1.1 .

I don't know who is the polluter ..... Software or Hardware ????

2 |3000

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

I imagine you have if you've got the system to boot but just to double check you have used to raspi4 image on the rpi4? And not the rpi2 version. I can't imagine RPi image would post but thought i better mention just in case.

2 |3000

w-burg avatar image
w-burg answered ·
Today I have the same problem with the RPI2 as before with the RPI4.
The remote console works via VRM portal, but vis the browser...
(Chrome, Edge etc.) not. The same problem with the Victron Android APP.
It only shows the screen as described in @PeterM  first post.

Venus OS Build is 2.93 Large Version
of course the specific build for the RPI2 and RPI4 was always installed.
For this time , I can live with the access via the VRM portal, but it would be nice if 
someone could solve the problem with access via Browser/APP

screenshot-2023-04-04-192027.jpg

2 |3000

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

What happens if you have browser consol open when you load the page. Does it give you any error messages that might give a clue as to what's causing the issue.

2 |3000

w-burg avatar image
w-burg answered ·
When i enter the "IP-Adress" of the raspberry PI or "venus.local", only the screen as described appears. Otherwise no notification/hint .
After that, i activate "development tools" in chrome 
and made a browser refresh, then i get this 
information .
But i don`t know what that means .
when I call up the console via the VRM portal, it 
works perfectly.
I only have the problem directly with the browser or mobile phone app.

1680706797313.png 

1680706797313.png (34.8 KiB)
2 |3000

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

It's odd. It's almost like the connection is half working.

I was hoping the Dev tools consol would give more of a hint.

I know the venus os website uses VNC via websockets to display the information. I had similar looking website output when i tried accessing venus os behind an nginx reverse proxy. And it was because the websockets were not being forwarded.

Do you have anything on your systems/network that could be blocking the vnc websockets connection? If it's not that then I'm out of guesses sorry.

(Is there anything extra helpful in the index:105 drop down in the errors above)

2 |3000

w-burg avatar image
w-burg answered ·
hmm.. thanks for your dedication to 
finding the bug. But i have no idea what 
could  block the websockets. It is a normal home 
network with a "FritzBox".
What I don't understand is that, after a new 
installation it works for a few days and then the 
problem occurs.
If i make a firmware update (beta version) via the 
remote console the beta version works perfectly and is displayed correctly.
If I also o back to the previous version 
(backup the remote console) the problem occurs 
again.
Thank you for all and sorry for my english
2 |3000

w-burg avatar image
w-burg answered ·

As i explained ... today i made an update from

2.93 large Version to 2.93 normal Version

via Remote Konsole.

After deleting the Browser Cache , the Remote-Console are full visible .

I think its a Problem with Canvas 2D .

here the Result from the Browser Development tools .

I don't know how long it stays that way.

---------------------------------------------------

1680865130869.png

1680865130869.png (99.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·

Hi I still suspect websockets/vnc connection being the issue. Especially given you're seeing the error on multiple installs. Be interesting to see if you can get the same above message but when it's not working.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources