question

saboken avatar image
saboken asked

New Multi plus II install. Settings?

I just had a decent size solar installed in my camper. Multi plus II, 4 Rich solar 200w panels, cerbo gx, 500a smart shunt, 150/100 charge controller. And 2 Battle Born Game changer 270ah batteries. I'm not sure the installer configured everything correctly. It had a few querks the first night, he connected a laptop and changed settings but wouldn't tell me what? While there I went from One Game changer to 2. This equals 540ah in Lifepo battery capacity . The smart shunt was still set at 270AH. I bumped it up to 540. Is this correct? I have to get the dongel to get into the Inverter to double check his work. I don't think he even updated the Firmware on the Inverter because it was all old on the equipment I could check through the Cerbo GX and I had to update it myself. Any suggestions on what to check on a new install when I get the dongle ? Im not going to change anything I don't understand yet. After $15000.00 I would have expected more guidance post sale but it is what it is.

Multiplus-IISmartShunt
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·
Hi

What you have done is correct to date, the supplier should updated the firmware etc on inverter and Cerbo etc?

Is your system on line Victron VRM wise if so you can do a remote update for firmware etc without th use of a dongle.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @saboken

It's a shame to hear stories like this. But given he added another battery and didn't change the shunt settings, perhaps he didn't have much he could pass on. (the 540 should be right)

Does your system have web access? VRM logging/updates? If it does you shouldn't need an additional dongle.

The Victron website is a great source of info. Victron Connect for the shunt and mppt, VEConfigure for the Multi, (firmware & settings via VRM). A Win pc is great for all, but we don't really know what you have and want to do.

It's all about learning, and asking when you need. The software, firmware and settings come free. You may value your own time, but it's well spent just delving deeper. This kit doesn't come with toiletpaper-chinglish, so best to ask/research the things you need to know. Come back..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.