question

xentaur avatar image
xentaur asked

Offgrid Location, Cerbo GX wifi doesn't reach dwelling.

I've included JPG & PDF diagramme of this configuration.

Offline System — Only 4G on Android.

We’d like to view voltage, charge, & current statistics in the dwelling on the Android.

VictronConnect sees Cerbo GX from dwelling when connected to AP1.

Bluetooth and Cerbo GX Wifi do not reach dwelling.

We can walk to the Cerbo GX, hot-spot in and see everything VRM.

Wifi bridge (AP1) won’t ‘include’ Internet hot-spot from Android or allow us to use hot-spot to establish AP1 network.

Don’t want to pay for extra satellite or 4G just to view battery charge and generation details at night or when weather is bad.

We have a networking guy, and the connection currently is proof-of-concept robust for wifi bridge; we can ping the Cerbo GX from the dwelling on a Linux terminal; we can change the configuration. Thought that someone could tell us which app we need to use to see our generation and battery charge connected directly to Cerbo GX without Internet. We can adjust the AP1 network to suit the client app and/or give us tips on configuring the Cerbo GX for this configuration.

It seems the apps only want to pick up this data via VRM over the Internet.

victron-jwm.jpg

Victron-JWM.pdf

offgrid
victron-jwm.jpg (448.0 KiB)
victron-jwm.pdf (699.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Xentaur

I'm not familiar with that "AP1" device, but it appears to be a substitute for an ethernet cable.

Instead of an IP, try typing in "venus.local/app/". This should give you access to the Marine MFD app, which you might prefer to the Console. But the Console is selectable from the MFD screen anyway.

I wasn't certain whether this would start without the web being up, but I just tested it (even with the battery pulled from my WAN wifi hotspot) with just an ethernet cable into a pc. And it works.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

xentaur avatar image xentaur commented ·
The link to the venus app http://venus.local/app/ was exactly what we needed.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Xentaur

Give the GX a static ip address and use an internet browser to dial into that ip. It will show the remote console.

If you can ping it you already know the ip address.

2 |3000

Related Resources