question

petr-truhlar avatar image
petr-truhlar asked

Multiplus generator setting

Hello, I am setting my multiplus II 48/5000 with AVR generator. How to set settign to not hook up load at the generator and use the source only like a charger meanwhile the load will go only from batteries?

Second question, I have remoted power on on the generator, how to set the relay to turn it on while the SOC will be 20% and turn it of on lest say 90%. Hopefully I am not duplicating.

Thank you all for help

Multiplus-IIgenerator auto start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You wire the generator to the AC input of the Multi and take your loads from the Multi's AC output. The Multi will pass power from it's input to it's output so the generator will essentially be supplying the load and if there is enough power from the generator will also charge the batteries. There is no way for a Multi to separate the charge and invert functions. You would need a separate charger and inverter to do what I think you are describing.

There is a generator "assistant" that will control your generator based on SOC as you describe.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.