question

kenzo avatar image
kenzo asked

Torque specs for AC connectors Multiplus-II 10000

While the manual mentions the torque specs for the battery connectors (12 Nm) and the ground busbar (1.6 Nm), there's no specific mention for AC-in/-out. Is it the same as on the ground busbar? And is 1.6 Nm really the correct torque for these M6 bolts?

Multiplus-IIinstallation
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alaskannoob avatar image alaskannoob commented ·
I have the same question for the MPII 48/8000. The AC torque setting of 1.6Nm seems low.

Did you find an answer?

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@kenzo

Usually M6 bolts take a max torque of 7Nm.

Or at least the older ultis use that for the M6 connections there.

I think the 1.6Nm is specific for the screw (rising clamp) terminals of the other models. So that torque would be more correct for those models, not the bolt//washer/nut combo.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kenzo avatar image
kenzo answered ·

Thanks, @Alexandra - I looked at a few tables; for metric strength class 5.6 the listed torque for M8 appears to be 11.7 (which is close to 12). Assuming the same kind of material is used, 4.80 should hopefully be a good choice for these M6 connectors.

I'll try to get a more definitive answer from the distributor.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@kenzo

The old Quattro uses max of 7Nm for their AC connections.

screenshot-20221031-062853.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
kenzo avatar image
kenzo answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) Here’s another candidate for your pet project I learned about in https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/124795/why-no-torque-specs-from-victron-on-bolts-in-their.html The docs still don’t contain any data for AC connections. Thanks!

1 comment
2 |3000

alaskannoob avatar image alaskannoob commented ·
Does anybody know what the PV torque specs are for the MPPT RS? Can't find it in the manual.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic