question

thecreezo avatar image
thecreezo asked

"Battery temperature too high on Solar Charger" without temperature sensor in system

Why am I getting "Battery temperature too high on Solar Charger" alarm on SmartSolar when there is no temperature sensor installed?

I have 2 SmartSolar 150/70 VE Can paired with one BMV-712 that monitors only voltage and connected to Cerbo GX. BMV and chargers are also connected by VE.Smart networking sharing battery voltage to chargers and synced charging.

I have discovered that chargers (both) started receiving battery temperature from BMV, but there is no temperature sensor installed nor configured (None in settings). In BMV there is not temerature sharing visible, so chargers recieve it but nothing is transmitting.

I have fixed it by removing all devices from VE.Smart and connecting again, however when this occurs, it stops charging at all and that could be real issue.

MPPT ControllersBMV Battery MonitorVE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @thecreezo,

VE.Smart is intended for systems that are not using a GX device.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VE.Smart_Networking/en/limitations.html

Disable VE.Smart networking, and use the DVCC features of the GX device instead.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thecreezo avatar image
thecreezo answered ·

I understand that I should use DVCC now that I have Cerbo. It was running well for 6 months without Cerbo and now for 1 month with Cerbo.

I just don't get it (as developer) how is it even possible that it receives temperature when there is none in the system at all. Seems like I have to switch to DVCC after all.

Thank you

2 |3000