question

Mark McLellan avatar image
Mark McLellan asked

Victron Support for Amazon Purchase

I am installing a new Multiplus-II 12V 3000VA 2x120Vac in a Grand Design 303RLS 5th Wheel with a 300Ah LiPO4 battery. I purchased the Multiplus-II from Amazon so I am looking for a contact in Victron who can be my support - as Amazon obviously does not offer Victron technical support. Also any good recommendations for someone starting in on this install and operations.

installation
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image snoobler commented ·

Did Amazon actually sell it, or was it someone's store?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Kienan avatar image
Kienan answered ·

Mark,

Victron does not directly support installers or end users. All Victron Distributors (such as myself) agree to provide support for any product we sell. If we get stumped, Victron backs us up. All Victron products are sold to Distributors, so somewhere, there was a distributor who sold your Multiplus. The distributor may have been the seller on Amazon, or the distributor may have sold it to the seller on Amazon, but either way, the distributor is responsible for giving you full warranty support.

If the distributor does not give you satisfactory support, they can lose their distributorship. All of us distributors agreed to a serious agreement, fully knowing that there would be repercussions if we don't hold our end of the agreement.

So you need to figure out who the distributor is. The first thing I'd do is contact the Amazon seller and see because they would know who the distributor is.

If that comes up dry, you can use the serial number of the MultiPlus to find out who the distributor was (Yes, Victron keeps a record of which distributor sold each and every serial-numbered item). Submit a support request here - https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/

When you create a support request, Victron will connect you to the original dealer based on your serial number. After submitting the request, you'll get a confirmation email with the original dealer's contact information. Submit a support request for technical support, warranty or repair cases.

If you use the support request, you'll have an opportunity to rate the dealer after you've tried to get support. Please rate your support experience with the dealer.

Thanks,

Kienan

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark McLellan avatar image Mark McLellan commented ·
Thanks --this was great advice. I found the seller it is Solar Energy Systems, LLC.
2 Likes 2 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic