question

gcp avatar image
gcp asked

RuuviTags generating multiple instances of themselves in Venus and VRM

I have three RuuviTag temp sensors installed in my RV. Why do they keep appearing as new instances in VRM? There's a little parade of outdated reading from generic Ruuvi sensors called Temperature [Instance Number]. You can see, these three tags have more than 25 instances reproduced in VRM. The live data is coming from the ones that are correctly named Plumbing Bay, Fridge, and Battery. The old instances that used to be live have the generic names and are hours or days old in "Last Updated" metric.

screen-shot-2022-10-24-at-74803-am.pngscreen-shot-2022-10-24-at-75258-am.png

VRM
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @gcp,

Can you please confirm that you're using an external USB bluetooth dongle?

0 Likes 0 ·
gcp avatar image gcp Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Oh, very interesting. I am not using an external BT dongle. And I should have mentioned, this is all happening on a RaspberryPi 3B+ running VenusOS. Does the CPU temperature trigger still apply on an RPi like it does on a Cerbo?

0 Likes 0 ·

Ahh, the built in bluetooth limitation is a specific issue with the Cerbo GX chipset, but I will move this to the modifications space as it is about a raspberry pi.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phil Gavin avatar image Phil Gavin Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I had this same issue (on Pis) it seems to have disappeared, possibly with a subsequent Venus OS upgrade. I am using the latest Venus FW now, but I only recently upgraded, so I can't say for sure that the issue is gone for good.

(It is still the original RUUVI FW though).

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers