question

energy-z avatar image
energy-z asked

Rule 1:1 || Pv power plant || Victron Inverters

Hi,

As you guys know there is the factor 1:1, for victron inverters. My question is:

- If I have a multiplus (or quattro) that has 5kW of power, can I connect in the DC bus bar 5kW of Charge controllers and a 5kW grid-tie inverter in the ac output 1 (no break load)?

Note:

If it's possible, the ac out connection can be changed to "ac out 2".

Thanks in advance and have a nice week,

José Sousa.

Multiplus-IIMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
slide1.jpg (44.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The 1:1 rule applies to AC coupled PV on AC-OUT. You can put as much DC coupled PV power on the DC bus as your battery bank can handle.

The configuration of the AC outputs cannot be swapped over.
AC-OUT2 relay does offer some configuration options via the assistants.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

energy-z avatar image energy-z commented ·

Hi, Thanks for your help Kirby.

By the way, if there is a excess of pv production (in the grid-tie inverter side) and the charge is not absorbing can the victron inverter (multiplus, multigrid, quattro) send the charge back to the battery?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ energy-z commented ·

Yes. With PV Inverter Support Assistant or ESS then PV Inverter Power on AC Output side will firstly satisfy loads on AC Out and then will go through AC Out into battery charging.
If battery is full then excess power will go to grid (if connected / available) otherwise Quattro will increase output frequency to slow down or disable PV Inverter.

0 Likes 0 ·
energy-z avatar image energy-z wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Nice. Great answers.

Thanks once again :)

Have a nice week

0 Likes 0 ·