question

zygao avatar image
zygao asked

KUS NKC42 CONNECT TO CCGX

Could the KUS NKC42 NetworK Converter connect to CCGX from VE.CAN TO NMEA 2000 cable and display the tank level on the display? I connect them to the CCGX, I can see the NKC42 on the CCGX, but can not see the tank level. 111.jpgImage Caption

2222.jpg

Network Converter

CCGX Color Controltank monitorNMEA 2000 - N2K
111.jpg (144.7 KiB)
2222.jpg (193.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@zygao

In theory this could work (not tested) provided the PGNs from the KUS device identify themselves as tank senders with correct instance number, fluid type etc. I suspect that the configuration of the KUS converter needs to be adjusted - see the manual. No guarantee but good luck with that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zygao avatar image
zygao answered ·

I follow the manual to set the paraments, I think it is OK. The picture is Network status.
333.jpg

333.jpg (122.1 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

If so, then consider the converter non-compatible. Or check the entire VE.Can/N2K network for proper termination. There are too many variables to say from the distance.

The GX manual list all N2K tank sensors that have been tested.

0 Likes 0 ·
zygao avatar image
zygao answered ·

I have tested, the NKC42 can send to data to Raymarine MFD through NMEA2000, but the CCGX can not get the data, they are in the same NMEA2000 network.

1 comment
2 |3000

zygao avatar image zygao commented ·

And the CCGX can send the data through the NMEA2000 to be displayed on Raymarine MFD , so the VE.Can/N2K network and the VE.CAN TO N2K cable are OK. I think it is clear that the KUS NKC42 is non-compatible.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources