question

Javier Pardo avatar image
Javier Pardo asked

No data on EV Charger

Hello, I installed the charger today following the instructions in the Victron Youtube video.

In the charger portal and on the charger screen, the real-time data of my installation does not appear (battery level, charges...)

I have updated the cherger to the latest version.

I have activated modbus on my Venus GX.

The charger appears in the configuration of my VenusGX, but it does not appear as an added device in the ModbusTCP section. When I press scan devices it does not appear in the list of ModbusTCP devices (I do not know if this is normal or should my charger appear in that list)2022-10-19-17h42-25.png

2022-10-19-17h49-36.jpg

2022-10-19-17h50-03.jpg

2022-10-19-17h50-28.jpg

2022-10-19-17h50-37.jpg

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
Javier Pardo answered ·

Thanks to @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) my system works fine right now.

Please, for all of you who follow the Victron video instructions, keep in mind that you must also activate the modbus service in your GX device, settings/services section.

The video only talks about activating the modbus in the modbus devices section.

Thanks Lucian and sorry again for my clumsiness.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi, make sure modbus tcp is enabled on the GX device settings/services.

Then on the EVCS settings page, general, Enable GX communication and add the IP adress of your gx device, as you see in the example below. Also make sure both EVCS and GX are in the same ethernet network. Please keep me posted.

screenshot-2022-10-19-at-185833.png

2 |3000

Javier Pardo answered ·

Hi @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) , thank you for your reply.

Modbus TCP is enabled on both devices (Charger and VenusGX)

I have entered the IP in the charger in the corresponding section, as you indicate in your example. In fact I have also tried the scan option and it automatically detects my GX device without problems.

Both devices are on the same network.

Both devices are updated to their latest firmware version.

I have tried to activate the Whitelist option in the charger menu and add the IP of my GX (it doesn't work this way either).

As I mentioned earlier, the EV charger appears on my VRM portal, it also appears on my main Venus GX page. Everything seems to be configured correctly, but the data does not appear to be dumped to the EV charger.

2022-10-19-18h34-35.png

2022-10-19-18h41-15.png

2022-10-19-18h37-02.jpg

Can I try something else?

Thank you

2 |3000

can you tell me your vrm portal ID?

2 |3000

Javier Pardo answered ·

@Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) How can I send you my ID in private mode?

If you send me you email I can asign you a user on the portal.

2 |3000

2 |3000

Javier Pardo answered ·

Hi Lucian, I have sent you an email to lpopescu@victronenergy.com with my portal ID and an invitation. Thanks.

2 |3000

Javier Pardo answered ·

I am trying to charge my vehicle right now, but because the charger is not detecting the battery level I am getting a Low SOC message.

I have set the minimum SOC level to 30%.

Right now I have my batteries at 96%.

pxl-20221019-175003324.jpg

2 |3000