question

drjs avatar image
drjs asked

MPPT Bluesolar 150/85 no charge current incorrect display

Good afternoon

My Bluesolar MPPT 150/85 ceased correct operation after a small short on the pv side (unfortunately between PV panel fuses and MPPT )

First it showed a warning "inf 21 " then after complete discconnecting no more error messages but now

- current reading is 0 A , but PV current seems to be simply passed through

- measured current from PV is 7 amps ( cloudy ) and output current is exactly identical

- Voltage on panel is battery voltage + approx 0,7 V

- No MPPT function -

Is there anthing likee a fuse or so ?

Anything I can do ?

battery chargingfuses
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Contact your distributor / dealer for repair / replacement.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

drjs avatar image
drjs answered ·

Thank you for that swift response - sounds like a more expensive repair.

However I find the issue quite strange - the short occured on the PV side , not one of the fuses blown. It looks like an issue with the current sensor .

But can the sensor be blown if the short occurs on the primary - something very strange

I expected something like:

"no problem you can replace part xyz or PCB No. Z and then it should work"

My dealer is no more avauilable ,

If it were only a fuse or so I would fix it myself

Best regards

Jürgen

2 |3000

gdam avatar image
gdam answered ·

Juergen - did you get any further with this? I have the same problem. Error 21 - current sensor fault. What causes this in the first place and is there a fix/repair if disconnecting and reconnecting PV and battery doesn't help?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic