question

Melih Manisalıgil avatar image
Melih Manisalıgil asked

Quattro Different Frequency Inputs

I am planning to use 50Hz generator and 60Hz shore AC for my Quattro AC inputs.

Specifications already indicated that AC Input frequency range is 45...65Hz and existing questions in community said that transfer switch must be configured o accept wide range (45...65Hz) in VE.Connect.

I wonder is there anyone practically using Quattro AC inputs in different frequencies? Is there any trips or faults? Or it is recommended practically?

Thanks in advance.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerfrequency
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

@Melih Manisalıgil ..Hello, yes we have done an installation with 50hz mains and 60hz generator. Providing the 45-65Hz is enabled, the system works exactly as you would expect.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

billknny avatar image
billknny answered ·

Likewise, we used 60Hz shore power and a 50Hz generator hooked to our multiplus, and I had some clients do the same with a Quatto. They are well behaved.

They only potential issue is that the actual power delivered to the system will match the input power. Not a problem, if all devices plugged in can tolerate 50/60 Hz. You can chose the frequency when the system is running as an inverter, but when you are using shore or generator power the output frequency will always match the input.

2 |3000

mds avatar image
mds answered ·

When you lose mains and she switches to inverter what occurs, does she stay at 60hz shore or switch to 50? The concern being a short millisecond switch from 60 shore to 50 hz causing any issues?

2 |3000