question

mascheihei avatar image
mascheihei asked

Is there a difference in system behaviour between allow to charge "no" and CCL = 0A

Question says it all.
I'm asking myself if a "allow to charge = no" triggered by the BMS has the same effect as a reduction of the Charge Current Limit to "0"

Or is there any different behavior of the system?

ESSBMSDVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Victron does not work with a CCL of 0. Refer to mvader's post on the following thread:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/150732/multiplusess-battery-current-doesnt-go-to-zero-whe.html

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mascheihei avatar image mascheihei commented ·

@nickdb thank you very much. That's clear and makes sense on the charge side.

On the charge side the BMS can lower the voltage and this is of course the only valid reaction. On the discharge-side the BMS can only tell "allow to discharge = 0" or DCL = 0A or at the very end disconnect the battery. Therfore is there a difference between "allow to discharge = 0" and DCL = 0A? (I'm soory to add this second question, but this was my real question. I thought it makes no difference to ask about charge or discharge but clearly is (my vault!). I would like to avoid a real disconnect of the battery, therefore I'm asking.

0 Likes 0 ·