question

hemaris avatar image
hemaris asked

Strange 100/30 MPPT behaviour in equalization

I have Bluesolar 100/30 and 150/70 (Easysolar)MPPTs connected to the same battery bank in 24V system. I have set both MPPTS to equalize in every 10 days. this is an offgrid installation. Noticed something strange with VRM and 100/30 charger:

- For some reason VRM does not show equalization in status graph, even though Voltage goes up indicating that equalization is actually happening.

-100/30 shows strange Bulk-OFF-Absortion state switching right after equalization. in one instance it ended to fault stage and was not able to recover from fault and I needed to disconnect and reconnect to get it working again.

150/70 seem to work fine, but not showing equalization in VRM

100/30 graphs:

150/70 graph (sorry that the panels are a bit misaligned) :

Any idea why the state does not show equalization in VRM or why 100/30 is behaving this way?

I won't be on site for a couple of weeks , but I would be happy to receive any feedback on this behaviour. Both MPPTs have the latest FWs loaded and have identical settings.

MPPT Controllersequalisation
100-30.jpg (1.8 MiB)
easysolar.jpg (1.9 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
hemaris avatar image
hemaris answered ·

I wonder if Guy or Matthias could comment this issue. Just to recap the long post (see above):

1) Scheduled equalizations not showing in VRM for either of my two MPPTs. Battery Voltage anyway increases indicating that equalization seem to be happening (in day 2, day 1 shows normal charging as it should)

2) Bluesolar 100/30 (of the the two MPPTs) seem to be doing something strange in sheduled equalization. It drops to from adsorption to bulk and then off. In earlier round it ended up to fault stage. Had to disconnect and reconnect to get it working again.

@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff)

@mvader (Victron Energy Staff)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic