question

thorleif-v-hansen avatar image
thorleif-v-hansen asked

EasySolar firmware update?

I have the EasySolar 48/3000/35-50 mppt150/70 with 4 12.8V Lithium (LiFePO4) batteries connected in series. All works fine, but the CCGX don't display SOC. I guess this might be firmware related, but I'm new to Victron products. The multiplus inside the EasySolar has firmware version 413, the MPTT runs on v1.39 and the CCGX on 2.23. Should I update the Multiplus? Greatful for any guidance here, thx :)

firmware update
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thorleif-v-hansen avatar image thorleif-v-hansen commented ·

Update May 13: Took some time to finish this, but today I finally got firmware version 459 installed on my Multiplus, and the battery monitor set-up as Mark pointed out. All good now, the CCGX shows SOC as expected :-) Thanks everybody!

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ thorleif-v-hansen commented ·

No problem & good to hear that it's all working properly now.

0 Likes 0 ·
monte-chapparral avatar image monte-chapparral commented ·
Dear Thorleif,

I am going to do the same upadte from 413 to 459 for my EasySolar 48/3000/35-50 with VEFlash since VictronConnect is not possible... Were the settings afterwards easy to import? Any difficuties or problems during installation or however anything to be mentioned from your side so far?

THX Jean (enduser ;-)

0 Likes 0 ·
thorleif-v-hansen avatar image thorleif-v-hansen monte-chapparral commented ·

Hi Jean,

I performed the upgrade before any configuration had been done (since the EasySolar was brand new), so I never needed to export/import the settings. But the upgrade itself was quite easy, I encountered no problems whatsoever. It took just a couple of minutes, actually.

Hopefully you won't experience any problems either :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
monte-chapparral avatar image monte-chapparral thorleif-v-hansen commented ·
Thanks Thorleif I will find out :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
btcdan avatar image btcdan commented ·

My EasySolar is running 2620158. I'm hoping I can add a Grid Tie inverter w/extra Solar strings attached. Anyone know if this model can do it? Will I need to update firmware?? TIA

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
akram avatar image
akram answered ·

You should always update the multiplus to latest firmware to get new features and assistants. Latest firmware currently at version 433.

Secondly you need to configure the multi the correct charger settings and assistants for lithium batteries

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thanks, then I will try upgrading to version 433 and see if that solves the problem!

0 Likes 0 ·
Rainbow Solar avatar image Rainbow Solar commented ·

By the way, 459 is the latest firmware and supercedes 433.

0 Likes 0 ·
thorleif-v-hansen avatar image thorleif-v-hansen Rainbow Solar commented ·

Thanks, I'll go for 459 then.

0 Likes 0 ·
akram avatar image
akram answered ·

Firmware version 459 is intended for the new multiplus II.

2 comments
2 |3000

akram avatar image akram JohnC ♦ commented ·

Thanks Johnc wasn't aware of that

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

I believe that the main reason SOC % is not showing on the CCGX is because the battery monitor functionality in the Multiplus has not been set-up.

See link to similar issue & answer;

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/15717/color-control-set-up.html?childToView=15720#answer-15720

By all means still update the firmware.

3 comments
2 |3000

Thanks for your help, that probably explains it. I assumed the EasySolar was already set-up, but it's probably not. Just got my MK3 - USB Interface in the mail, so I will check the configuration and update the firmware.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ thorleif-v-hansen commented ·

All good - happy configuring...

It could not be fully setup out of the box as it would not know your battery bank capacity, and that directly effects the SOC % calculation.

0 Likes 0 ·
thorleif-v-hansen avatar image thorleif-v-hansen Mark ♦♦ commented ·

Of course, should have thought of that. Thx!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic