question

hjohnson avatar image
hjohnson asked

Feature Request: Change default behaviour of DVCC override

I use the DVCC override feature on my Cerbo to effectively put my boat's battery into "Storage Mode." When I know I will not be using it, I'll use the DVCC functionality and "Limit managed battery charge voltage" to 13.2v and allow my battery to drift down to around 62% and stay there. Then, the day before I'm about to head out, I'll remote in and turn that off, letting the system fully charge the battery overnight.

The change in behaviour that I would love to see is that the default value for that DVCC voltage should be whatever voltage is being directed by the BMS. Right now, when I turn that feature on, it initially sets to 56.6v, which I then have to adjust down 0.1v at a time to get it to 13.2v. Additionally, that 56.6v would be dangerous/invalid on a 12v nominal system (or 24v nominal for that matter).

DVCCbug report
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Most voltage values can be typed in instead of incremental changes. Did you try this?

Are you saying the override sets the wrong system voltage every time?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

From what I recall, DVCC cannot instruct a charger to charge above limits set manually on the device itself, so while annoying it should not be able to break anything.

2 |3000

Related Resources

DVCC chapter in GX manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic