question

Juha Tuomala avatar image
Juha Tuomala asked

IRC Chat / Channel ?

Is there IRC (internet relay chat) users here?

Would you be interested to start channel for Victron users? Probably using Libera network as it seems to be popular these days.

If this happens, we of course demand that there will be Victron employees answering our questions 24/7, right? :)

victron community
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
gyzko avatar image
gyzko answered ·

I am not aware of any IRC channel.

And as there is already a Facebook user group, I don't think a IRC channel makes sense

If we want to have good enough community support, we should not split our self in many (useless) small group.

This is just my opinion. Some can disagree

-François

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala commented ·
You assume, that everyone uses Facebook.

What comes to 'community support', this forum is prime example that there is none. Company just does not have manpower to provide it and customers are here with themselves. So that's not an excuse to limit mediums where communication happens.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Juha Tuomala commented ·
Support is provided by your reseller and distributor. If formal help is needed, that is the path. This is a community, and one where I can assure you a lot of effort is invested to help owners and installers to share experiences. It is not a support site and we all volunteer our time between making a living.

IRC was a medium that died in the 90's, this style forum allows a degree of manageability that just can't be done in unstructured chat.

90% of what we do here is to encourage members who have not read a manual, not followed a tutorial to use the many available resources which have gone unused and usually contain the answer.

While not perfect, it seems to do the job, but I guess you can't please everyone.

Suggestions are always appreciated but if you are unhappy with the experience, attendance is optional.

0 Likes 0 ·
Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

You're parroting my statement, that there is no support here.

What is new info to us all that you know nothing about what happens in IRC, which is understandable if you don't use it. Yet you felt it important to assure people to stop using it. Lastly you whish Goodbye for me from official vendor community?

What a 'community member' there :D

Let's go Brandon for you too.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic