question

rossmuller1 avatar image
rossmuller1 asked

ABB Trio with 3 x 5kVA Multiplus 3phase ESS with Pylontech US3000

Hi there community, busy with a design for a 3 phase ESS installation. I was going to use Fronius or SMA here however no stock for awhile to come. Going to need 12kW of PV so either use an ABB Trio 12kW or use MPPTs. Due to the low loads but 3 phase i have gone with 3 x 5kVA Multiplus 2s to create 3phase. Going to have a 14kWh Pylontech battery bank here which ideally would be used for daily consumption and if there is a poor grid supply to then change it to be fully charged for scheduled power outages.
Also want to make sure there is nothing i am missing. I do have a Color Control.

Thanks all.

Multiplus-IIAC PV Coupling3 phase
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rgerber avatar image rgerber commented ·

Hi Ross

Are you allowed to feed back into the grid?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

depending were you are you may need a Anti Islanding relay, I would check with your local victron installer. otherwise you seem to have it covered

I would also purchase a MK3 unit so that you can adjust the multis if you need to. Ie firmware upgrades etc

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.