question

marinolab avatar image
marinolab asked

Replace the batteries from gel to lithium

I would like to buy these lithium batteries: "16 pcs 3.2V 280Ah lifepo4 battery 280AH" to replace my "8 Ultracell UGT 275 Ah 12V" now exhausted, for my 7.4 KWh system with VICTRON 3 kwh Multiplus 48/3000 INVERTER , Color Control GX, BMV-702, .....

Can they be compatible and easily configurable?

battery connection
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Your going to need to learn about BMS's.

Off Grid Garage has some good (and bad) information.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Marinolab

If they are not can connected then it is an easy program change.

Use a lithium profile on the mppts and inverter, then change voltages to match the new bulk and float charges.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marinolab avatar image
marinolab answered ·

Will it be enough to use MK3-USB interface (VE.Bus to USB)?

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

@Marinolab those are just cells you are buying, you would need to buy a BMS for them as well and wire the whole pack up properly. When that is done, if the BMS supports it, you can connect that to your GX.

If you have not done this before and don't have the previous experience, I would suggest you get help or rather just buy a supported battery.

This site is full of sad stories about special batteries. You need to be emotionally and spiritually prepared for a DIY project.

Good luck.

2 |3000

marinolab avatar image
marinolab answered ·

Ok, so I thought about buying n. 2 Lithium 4.8kWh 48V Pylontech US5000 Photovoltaic Accumulation Storage. They assured me they are compatible. It's true?

2 comments
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·
Yes, they are compatible.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic