question

sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru asked

Pylontech Internal Failure Alarm (audible)

Hi @ all

Today, I suddenly noticed a pretty nasty loud beep from the basement. One of the Pylontech US2000C batteries beeped loud. The Cerbo GX shows an "internal failure" and the master battery of the set of 8 batteries shows a red light.

Does somebody know what that means? What do I have to do? SOC of the system is 61%. Lowest and highest cell voltare seem fine (3,301V / 3,315V). Not much solar but the system was working well .. active soc is 65% due to bad weather. I saw it reached 65% shortly then went down to 61%.

What am I expected to do? Switch off all batteries and restart them? Will that interrupt the power supply of the inverters? This is a first for me ... the batteries are just 6 months old.

Best Regards

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ludo avatar image
ludo answered ·

I think the victron community might be the wrong site for these questions. But you should find the answers in the pylontech manual.

Ofc switching of the battery power will have some effect on the multi, depending if you're connected to a grid or not.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Sesshoumaru

Bypass the system if you have that in place. Shut down the entire inverter system following the procedure. (Pv, inverters, batteries.)

Switch the internal faliure module to another position in the bank and reboot. Check if it has cleared. If not you may need to send it in for warranty assessment.

2 |3000

sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru answered ·

I switched off the battery making the beep, let is off for 1h, then switching it back on and pressed "SW" button on master battery. Alarm went away and battery seems to work now -- its shown as "Online" and no battery blocks charge / discharge.

I will have an eye on this.

2 |3000