question

kiab115 avatar image
kiab115 asked

AC assist to battery bank?

I've just installed a Multiplus 24v/3000w/70a on a 24v/2700wh battery bank. Everything I read seems to indicate AC assist or power assist is designed to supplement AC, or shoreline, from battery bank. I'm setup in a house with my solar and I'd like to reverse that, to have AC only assist the batteries, when over 1000w or the battery is below a certain SOC. However in current tests the AC takes over completely when wattage goes over 1000w. Ideally I'd like the AC to "assist" the battery with only a certain amount of amps to assist the battery until a certian SOC level is reached. i.e. I'd like the batteries to be my primary source, bringing in AC only when needed, is this possible?

powerassist
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

no, but with a 3kW inverter, you should perhaps consider a larger battery. Setting the inverter threshold to say 2.7kW before switching to ac might also help.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic