question

testor90 avatar image
testor90 asked

450/100 vs 250/100 - bad Performance

Hi everybody!

I have one Array (At the moment) containing 8 panels with total 320 Voc.

First I had the 250/100 installed with 2x4 panels and the yeild was good.
Now after switching to the 450/100 rs and the change to one string in series I have the feeling that I am missing 15 to 20 % of my yields. Of course winter is aproaching but over the last year I got quite a good feel for my 250/100 chargecontrollers, and something is off. Its always 1 or 2 kwh less than it used to be with the 250/100.

Why is the performance of the 450/100 rs worse?
Already did an update and .. well nothing changed.

Sincerrely
Adam J.

MPPT Controllersmppt rs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Individual trackers are limited to 4000W (18A PV side)

Spread the panels across both.

All documented in the spec sheet.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

testor90 avatar image testor90 commented ·
Thank you very much but 4000w were never reached in this confiuguration, even with the 250/100 because of the orientation (flat, no shadows)

So this was not the limiting factor.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ testor90 commented ·
Are atmospheric conditions the same? This year our yield is down a bit from last year (no changes to the system) seem the air is dirtier these days.... which would mean irradiance is affected.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ testor90 commented ·
The RS also doesn’t operate below 80V PV. We don’t know what your solar layout is, if the combined string has different characteristics shading, orientation etc then that will also affect performance.

Without empirical data it is all speculation and anecdotal.

All things being equal there should be no difference between them unless something crept in with the recabling.

0 Likes 0 ·